Research Blog 9

Thesis:  In this paper, I will discuss the ratio system from a viewpoint of men and women, provide background on various types of parties and suggest solutions to the problems involved. I will explore how the ratio system contributes to sexual assault on college campuses and affects the power dynamics between college students through context-based sources and personal interviews. 
My research question was initially “how do college parties impact how different people see human worth?” I believe I have expanded this to be more of “how do college parties and the ratio system impact college students?”
The debate in my paper is from the perspective of many students. While my frame of sexual assault is explained through more of scholarly sources, my debate is through various students. One side of the ratio argument is its degradation of women, making women feel like 'currency' and 'less than.' Another side is from a fraternity member who believes that his party system, although not technically a ratio, is built to keep the women at the party safe. The last side is of the men who feel that this system is degrading to them because they need to 'pay' to get in, whereas the women get in for free. All in all, with such a complex broken system, I conclude my essay with a resolution of this issue, by reconstructing what we know as rules of a party and the ratio system.

Comments

  1. You have 18 points for the blog posts (counting 2 points for lit review #5), and you can gain one additional point for making blog post #10 with your Abstract and Works Cited. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment